Forums

Upload - process image and download to user - Not sure where to start

Hi,

I have been working on software that will do image processing. I would like to have the software on my pythonanywhere account. Then a person could run another bit of software that would upload images, they would get processed and the converted images would download to the user. Is this possible with Pythonanywhere? And if so where is the best place to start? I have been checking out flask documentation, but struggling to find what I am looking for.

All the best James

Here's a good place to start: https://flask.palletsprojects.com/en/2.0.x/quickstart/#file-uploads

Thanks Glen! Got the upload working now, it's a great start!

Glad to hear that!

Hi,

I've gotten the hang of uploading files manually. Like through the webpage example that was shown on the flask website. I'm trying to find the right documentation to upload from my desktop, to the server. Do you have any simple example documentation for something like that? i.e I run the python file, it will upload an image to the static/images section of my website

All the best James

Got it working paramiko!

Excellent, glad you worked it out! Paramiko is a great package, definitely the right tool for the job.