Forums

Schedules task log does not show 'completed task'

I have 4 scheduled daily task. Out of the 4 , one is not showing the 'completed task in ... seconds' in its log. In fact, the log is empty.

This task takes a little longer to run. It seems to run ok, but I can't say for sure if it runs to the end. So this why I am asking about this.

Is there a time limit for the scheduled tasks ?

What could the problem ?

Scheduled tasks in a paid account can run for up to 12 hours. I suspect that what you're seeing is likely to be related to log file rotation.

Every day, just after midnight, we rotate the log files -- for each file, if it's over 100KiB in size, we rename it to the same filename but with .1 at the end. Any existing .1 file is gzipped, and renamed to the same name with .2.gz at the end. If that file already existed, it's renamed to .3.gz, and so on up to .9.gz, which is deleted.

So if you look at the log just after it's been rotated, and it was over 100KiB at the time the rotation job ran, it may be empty. Right now the quickest way to see the previous one is just to hack the URL in your browser's location bar and add .1 to the end.

OK. thanks

Indeed the log was 17M in size. /o\

I let some debug message being printed to stdout. My bad. This is fixed already.

Ah, yes -- that would explain it! That would definitely have been rotated.