Forums

CPU usage expenditure tracking

CPU Usage: You are in the tarpit. Can I get to know which script(s) consumed the most CPU power? If there are some scripts running in console, then I cannot see them in the process list. Because of that, it is rather challenging to figure out which script was responsible for getting me in the tarpit. Are there any logs to help with that?

Unfortunately we don't have anything detailed like that. But you might also want to check the "tasks" page -- there's a separate "running processes" table there that shows what is running from your scheduled and always-on tasks, and the culprit might be there.

separate "running processes" table there that shows what is running from your scheduled and always-on tasks So basically if I run a script in console and forget about it, then later I should manually go through all the files to figure out which are running if I want to get a list of them?

Things that are running in consoles will always show up on the "Consoles" page, and things that are running in scheduled or always-on tasks will show up on the "Tasks" page. You don't need to look at the files.

Thanks