Forums

Postgres client tools update not working

I've been trying to use pg_dump to backup my database but it aborted because of a version mismatch between postgres and pg_dump. After seeing another topic where it said to update the client tools with the line of code on the database tab I tried that but it did not work. I initially received a success message in the shell that said to close it and open a new shell, which I did, but I got another version mismatch. Thanks for the help!

Were you following instructions on your Databases page?

Yes, I ran "curl -s https://postgres.pythonanywhere.com/scripts/install-postgres-12-client-tools.sh | bash -s"

How are you running pg_dump? That is, is it from a bash console, in a scheduled or always-on task, or in some other way?

I'm running it from a bash console

Could you try creating a new bash console, and trying again? If it fails there, try running which pg_dump and then posting the results here.

Thanks for the help, I think it works now, at least I don't get any error messages. For future reference all I did was run the curl command (see above) and restart the console for like the 4th time.

Cool. Glad you got t working.