Forums

Database import needs SUPER privilege

Hi PA team,

Since a week or so, I cannot import anymore DBs (MySQL) from Bash command. I'm using the syntax :

mysql -u username -h username.mysql.eu.pythonanywhere-services.com 'username$default' < my_db_file.sql

Throws the following "ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 18: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation". But I understand we don't have SUPER privileges on PA.

Has anything changed recently on your side ? Thanks in advance !

That sounds strange; we haven't changed anything in that area recently. Does the error give any indication of what kind of thing in my_db_file.sql is requiring SUPER privileges?

Hi, unfortunately no : just the above message "ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 18: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation". After reading your message, I understand the issue may be within the DB --> I'll search for issues there and will get back on this thread if I can't find the issue (or if the solution is worth sharing :)). Thanks

Hi, getting back on the topic after further digging. I realized I hadn't noticed a small update in your guidance regarding DB dumps, namely adding the --set-gtid-purged=OFF flag. DBs saved with this flag do not throw the above mentioned error, so everything's fine. Thanks again !

Happy to hear that!