Forums

Pretrained tensorflow model not loading in pythonaywhere

Hello, I am having issue loading a saved tensorflowmodel into pythonanywhere. The end goal is to serve the model inference through an flask api to my react frontend. My error log looks like this:

File "/home/kamleshsahoo/mysite/flask_app.py", line 23, in sentiment_analyzer
    model = tf.keras.models.load_model('/home/kamleshsahoo/mysite/saved_models/model2')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/keras/utils/traceback_utils.py", line 67, in error_handler
    raise e.with_traceback(filtered_tb) from None
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/keras/saving/saved_model/load.py", line 532, in _revive_layer_or_model_from_config
    raise RuntimeError(
RuntimeError: Unable to restore object of class 'TextVectorization' likely due to name conflict with built-in Keras class '<class 'keras.layers.preprocessing.text_vectorization.TextVectorization'>'. To override the built-in Keras definition of the object, decorate your class with `@keras.utils.register_keras_serializable` and include that file in your program, or pass your class in a `keras.utils.CustomObjectScope` that wraps this load call.

Flask app:

from flask import Flask, request, jsonify
  from flask_cors import CORS, cross_origin
  import tensorflow as tf
  import numpy as np

app = Flask(__name__)
  cors = CORS(app)

@app.route('/', methods=['POST'])
  @cross_origin()
  def sentiment_analyzer():
    numeric_to_sentiment = {0: 'negative', 1: 'neutral', 2: 'positive'}
    data = request.get_json()
    news = data.get('news')
    ## fails at next line
    model = tf.keras.models.load_model('/home/kamleshsahoo/mysite/saved_models/model2')
    pred = model.predict([news])
    senti = numeric_to_sentiment[np.argmax(pred)]

return jsonify(sentiment=senti)

I changed the backend to theano in the keras.json file as suggested in other related posts on the forum. On tensorflow side, I found the decorator fix was need when the model has a custom layer, however in my case I am using the built-in TextVectorization layer but still getting the error. Please help.

[edit by admin: formatting]

Is the saved model a pickle file? If so, it will need to be loaded by exactly the same version of Keras as the one that was used to save it; you can find out which versions of keras you're using in the environment where you created at, and on PythonAnywhere, by using the "pip show keras" command locally and "pip3.10 show keras" on our systems. You can then update the version that you're using on PythonAnywhere to match the version you have in the training environment; for example, if you want version 1.2.3 you would run "pip3.10 install keras==1.2.3".

thanks for the quick response. I figured that out myself as well that this was a version conflict issue. I retrained the model with the TF version natively available with pythonanywhere environment and everything worked fine!

Excellent, glad to hear you got it working!