Forums

socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure how to solve this issue. It started around 4.30 am this morning. I have tried to restart my Always-On-Tasks and web-pages/API. I have tried a different URL to the same web-pages/API but no luck.

The log:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 169, in _new_conn conn = connection.create_connection( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 73, in create_connection for res in socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, socket.SOCK_STREAM): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/socket.py", line 953, in getaddrinfo for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags): socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 699, in urlopen httplib_response = self._make_request( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 382, in _make_request self._validate_conn(conn) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 1010, in _validate_conn conn.connect() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 353, in connect conn = self._new_conn() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 181, in _new_conn raise NewConnectionError( urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f4f0b1b63a0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 439, in send resp = conn.urlopen( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 755, in urlopen retries = retries.increment( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 573, in increment raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause)) urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='kaverdel.eu.pythonanywhere.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2.1.1/login (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f4f0b1b63a0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution'))

Hi,

I also got the error requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.binance.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v3/ping (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f6cd15bb3a0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution'))

on my Always-On-Tasks. So it looks like it's a pythonanywhere issue.

kmiotekmaciejEU have you been able to find a solution? I have tried to work around it by using a proxy but that doesn't seem to work either.

Hi, i woke up with same error. Yep its looks like pythonanywhere issue. We should wait i believe.

No solution. As a workaround i just run the script in console not in Always-On-Tasks.

Hello,

We have the same issue. @support Is the team working on it?

Thanks

i have same issue to resolve my database on mysql.eu.pythonanywhere-services.com from a always on task

Thanks for letting us know. We'll have a look.

Hello Glenn,

Any updates? This is taking a bit too long.

Same here, maybe something is up with the DNS settings @ PythonAnywhere?

Yeah any update or EST can be good.

Yeah any update or EST can be good.

We had some trouble with the network on the machines that run always on tasks. We have fixed it now and made some changes to make it less likely to recur in future.

Its looks like solved for now. Thanks glenn

Glad to hear that!

same issue again

For me, the issue started at 07:31:40 but was fixed within 1 minute. It would be good to look into this @pythonanywhere and solve it once and for all.

Thanks for reporting, @socuellamino & @kaverdel, our monitoring system caught this issue and it has been addressed pretty soon. We have some ideas on how we could improve that part of our system but that would require some time to test and implement... Sorry for any inconvenience!